What you will learn
- Software: relatively simple constructs, but a great exercise
in constructing iterations. Visualization.
- Domain: develop an intuition for how convolution works.
And its time complexity
Input: construct the following signals of roughly the same height and width. Consider if each of these are odd or even signals.
- Single rectangular pulse centered at zero
- Single triangle centered at zero
- One period of a square wave
- Single sawtooth
- Make your own!
Convolve each pair of inputs
- Decide what the range of the summation should be
($-\infty$ to $\infty$?). i.e., how many steps do you need?
- Start with a single step and plot the result. Repeat for each step. Try animating it!
- How does the type of signal affect the output?